The Journal of Consumer Affairs is published by the American Council on Consumer Interests.
Call for Nominations and Applications for Editor of JOCA - Applications due December 31, 2016
- Read the Announcement and important dates here
- Read the Editor Job Description here
History and Information
- First published in 1967, it features analysis of individual, business, and/or government decisions and actions that can impact the interests of consumers in the marketplace.
- It features research topics that can be addressed from the consumer's point of view include communications, consumer education, economics, finance, law, nutrition, public policy, psychology and marketing.
- The journal is edited by Sharon Tennyson of Cornell University.
- Follow us on LinkedIn, and Twitter: @acci_org
Journal Website: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1745-6606
Subscribing: A subscription to JOCA is included in ACCI membership.
Author Guidelines: click here
Subscription Information: click here
Submitting to the Journal of Consumer Affairs - a $125 Submission Fee
- Submissions: The Journal of Consumer Affairs uses ScholarOne, an online journal article submission and review management system.
- Submit your articles here.
- Submission fee is $125* per manuscript (non-refundable) even for desk rejected articles. It must be paid by credit card at the time of submission: click here
- *Note: for those authors who work in a country that is classified as a lower income nation per the World Bank pay a reduced submission fee. Nation's classification: click here
Journal Member Benefits - includes waiver of $125 Submission Fee
- Access all issues of the Journal by logging on to the ACCI website. Go to Journal under the now visible Member Center tab.
- Members in good standing may submit articles to the Journal free of charge. However, ACCI welcomes new Members and has worked hard to make membership easy.
- Only one author needs to be a member, and that member may be a professional, retiree, student or lifetime member.
- If none of your authors are currently a member, you may go here to join:
- Then in ScholarOne, when you submit your article, there is a place where you will be asked for the name, email address, and phone number of the member-author.
- If you need help with this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (727) 940-2658 x 2002.
- Current membership pricing is as follows and you can join and pay immediately with a credit card.
- Professional: $125 US
- Retiree: $55 US
- Student: $25 US
• Five-Year Impact Factor: 2.016
• ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 79/120 (Business); 137/344 (Economics)
• Online ISSN: 1745-6606
The ISI impact score of Journal of Consumer Affairs now places it among the leading business journals and one of the top handful of marketing- related publications. More importantly, in these difficult economic times, JOCA is the leading journal whose focus for over four decades has been on the interests of consumers in the marketplace.
History and Perspective
With the journal's origins in the consumer movement and consumer protection concerns, the focus for papers in terms of both research questions and implications must involve the consumer's interest and topics must be addressed from the consumers’ point of view. As the journal's first editor, Gordon E. Bivens, wrote in his editorial for the inaugural issue in Summer 1967, "The Journal recognizes as one of its prime functions that of making available the research findings of a number of disciplines which have a major thrust toward understanding the consumer, his behavior and the implications of his economic, social, legal, and political environment...items of interest to scholars, teachers, students, and professional activists with a major, or even minor, parts of their activities in consumer affairs."